Solarize Charlottesville has returned! Sign up now through August 20!
On the heels of our wildly popular inaugural Solarize Charlottesville program in 2014 where 1,100 applied, Solarize returned in the summer of 2015 and an additional 230+ people signed up. Given the rave reviews and the extension of the federal solar tax credit at the end of 2015, we are excited to offer another Solarize round. Check back here (or on LEAP’s Facebook page) for updates, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More about Solarize:
Solar power for homes is easier and more affordable than ever thanks to Solarize Charlottesville, a grassroots, community-based outreach initiative sponsored by the Local Energy Alliance Program (LEAP) in partnership with the City of Charlottesville, Albemarle County, and the UVA Community Credit Union. Solarize Charlottesville is a one-stop-shop for community members to learn more about solar power options for their homes and facilitate the installation and financing of their own project. Through bulk purchasing and free solar site assessments, Solarize Charlottesville puts solar within reach.
Benefits of Program:
- Free Solar Site Assessments
- Lower than ever solar panel pricing and affordable financing
- Qualified local solar installers and high performance systems
LEAP’s other active Solarize campaigns:
- Solarize Piedmont, covering Loudoun, Clarke, Fauquier, Rappahannock, Culpeper, Orange, Madison, Greene, and Albemarle Counties, is taking sign-ups through June 30, 2016.
- Solarize Purcellville – our SolarizeNOVA Summer campaign will accept signups until August 1, 2016.
- Solarize Fredericksburg – covering Caroline, King George, Spotsylvania, and Stafford Counties along with the city of Fredericksburg runs until August 1, 2016.
- Solarize Nelson – our 2016 campaign will accept signups until June 30.